14 June 2002
(12) Require drain valves at low points of each collector bank or row.
(13) Require thumb valves (if required) to manually open and close pressure
gauges and flow indicators not meant for constant use.
(14) Require two drain valves, with gate in between, at all low points in the
system to allow for filling.
(15) Require 125 psi/210 degrees F (862 kPa/99 degrees C),
pressure/temperature relief valve on the storage tank.
(16) Require manual air vents at all high points of the system plumbing.
(17) Locate collector temperature sensor on a nearby collector bank and in
the top internal manifold piping between two collectors; or on the collector absorber
plate, only if installed by manufacturer.
(18) Locate a storage sensor in the thermal well at the bottom of the storage
(19) Require sensor wiring be installed in a conduit.
(20) Require pressure gauges, rated for 125 psi (862 kPa), on both sides of
pump(s), on all ports of the heat exchanger, and on the storage tank.
(21) Require thermometers on all ports of the heat exchanger and at the top
and bottom of the storage tank.
(22) Require flow indicators or meters in each loop to allow either visual or
quantified flow measurements to be observed.
(23) Require a elapsed time meter be installed on circulation pump(s).
(24) Require Btu meter be located across the heat exchanger on the storage
side (if needed).
b. Roof Plan (To Scale)
Collector groupings in banks and rows as designed.
Minimum row spacing shown and noted.
Orientation with respect to due south shown and noted.
Rooftop mounted equipment, vents, and system penetrations shown
Reverse-return piping shown and noted.