18) Highest pressure feedwater heater feedwater inlet temperature.
19) Highest pressure feedwater heater feedwater outlet temperature.
20) Highest pressure feedwater heater drain outlet temperature.
21) Highest pressure feedwater heater extraction temperature.
22) Highest pressure feedwater heater extraction pressure.
23) Feedwater flow to boiler.
24) Feedwater pressure at boiler inlet.
25) HP Turbine gland leakage flow.
28) Main steam flow to steam seal receiver.
b) As a result of calculations based on PTC 6S methods, the following
performance parameters can be quantified.
1) Maximum capability.
2) Heat rate.
3) Enthalpy-drop efficiency.
Steam Generators. Steam generators shall be tested in accordance with ASME
Performance Test Code, PTC 4.1, Steam Generating Units, which is currently being
revised. The changes which have been incorporated into the latest draft code, such as
the use of continuous analyzers instead of Orsat analyzers, are recommended for use.
For additional testing requirements see MIL-HDBK-1003/6.
a) The following are the major measurements which must be made for
1) Coal flow.
4) Feedwater flow.