4) Condenser inlet cooling water temperature.
5) Condenser outlet cooling water pressure.
6) Condenser outlet cooling water temperature.
7) Condenser absolute pressure.
b) As a result of calculations based on PTC 12.2 methods, the following
performance parameters can be quantified.
1) Condenser tube cleanliness factor.
2) Condenser tube fouling factor.
3) Condenser waterside pressure drop.
4) Condenser heat load.
126.96.36.199 Cooling Towers. Cooling towers shall be tested in accordance with The Cooling
Tower Institute's (CTI), ATC 105, Acceptance Test Code For Water Cooling Towers (Part 1,
Test Procedure: Part 2, Evaluation of Results).
ATC 105 recognizes two methods for evaluating the performance of a
cooling tower: the characteristic curve method and the performance curve method. Both
methods require the same measured data and calculate the same performance parameter.
The following are the major measurements which must be made.
a) Wet bulb temperature at tower inlet.
b) Dry bulb temperature.
c) Cold water temperature.
d) Hot water temperature.
e) Cooling water flow.
f) Fan power.