a) Feedwater Heaters. The following are the major measurements which
will be required for each closed feedwater heater.
1) Feedwater flow.
2) Feedwater inlet temperature.
3) Feedwater outlet temperature.
4) Feedwater inlet pressure.
5) Feedwater outlet pressure.
6) Drain inlet flow (where applicable).
7) Drain inlet pressure (where applicable).
8) Drain inlet temperature (where applicable).
9) Drain outlet flow.
10) Drain outlet temperature.
11) Drain outlet pressure.
12) Extraction steam flow (can be calculated).
13) Extraction steam temperature.
14) Extraction steam pressure.
15) Heater pressure.
In addition to these measured parameters, the heater manufacturer's
design data is also required.
b) As a result of calculations based on PTC 12.1 methods, the following
performance parameters can be quantified.
1) Terminal temperature difference.
2) Feedwater temperature rise.
3) Drain cooler approach (where applicable).
4) Feedwater pressure drop.
5) Pressure drop through drain cooler (where applicable).