cooling water heat exchanger will be treated as an external drain cooler.
The following are the major measurements which must be made.
1) Tube side water inlet temperature.
2) Tube side water inlet pressure.
3) Tube side water outlet temperature.
4) Tube side water outlet pressure.
5) Shell side inlet temperature.
6) Shell side inlet pressure.
7) Shell side outlet temperature.
8) Shell side outlet pressure.
9) Tube side flow.
10) Shell side flow.
d) As a result of calculations based upon PTC 12.1 methods, the
following performance parameters can be quantified.
1) Tube side pressure drop.
2) Shell side pressure drop.
3) Approach temperature.
188.8.131.52 Air Heaters. Boiler tubular and regenerative air heaters shall be tested in
accordance with ASME Performance Test Code, PTC 4.3 Air Heaters, which is currently
being revised as PTC 41. The changes which have been incorporated in developing PTC 41
are recommended for use.
a) The following are the major measurements which must be made for each
1) Flue gas inlet temperature.
2) Flue gas outlet temperature.
3) Air inlet temperature.