JANUARY 31 2003
and unions in boiler plants daily.
Test heat exchangers for leaks monthly.
Check pressure and temperature of de-
aerating heater daily.
condensate daily as a minimum, hourly for large plants.
Have condensate corrosion tests performed
8. Test ion exchanger output quality daily
as a minimum, more often if required.
9. Check mechanical rooms with hot water
heat exchangers for signs of corrosion problems semiannually.
Check all tanks annually.
Check boiler plant piping systems daily.
12. Use AF 1687, Leak/Failure Data Record,
as appropriate and forward to the BCCE.
13. Procure and retain custody of test
equipment necessary for corrosion control testing of boiler water
(c) Cooling water systems and treatment corrosion
control craftsman will (OPR: Zonal Maintenance Elements):
1. Maintain complete records of cooling
water treatment as required. Use AF Form 1457, Water Treatment
Operating Log for Cooling Tower Systems as a minimum. Maintain
these records in the shop for review by the BCCE.
Check cooling towers for algae and scale
3. Together with the BCCE, ensure monthly
that treatment equipment is adequate and is working.
4. Calculate cycles of concentration and
maintain according to survey recommendations monthly.
5. Procure and retain custody of test
equipment necessary for corrosion control testing of cooling