1 January 2001
Hydrants and Monitors. Technical guidance on the tasks in Table 2-12 is
contained in NFPA 25.
Table 2-12. Hydrants and Monitors ITM Tasks
1. Inspect for accessibility, leaks, and
2. Operate to ensure proper functioning.
4. Lubricate hydrant to ensure ease of
2. Yard Monitor Nozzles
1. Inspect for condition.
2. Conduct flow test to verify proper
function and range of motion.
3. Lubricate to ensure proper operating
3. Hose Houses
1. Inspect for accessibility and physical
2. Verify inventory and its condition.
1. Underground and
1. Conduct flow tests.
1. Inspect and clean after each flow.
Fire Pumps. Technical guidance on these tasks is contained in NFPA 20 and
Table 2-13. Fire Pumps ITM Tasks
1. Pump House
1. Inspect for proper condition, ventilation
2. Control Valve and
1. Verify proper valve position.
3. Pressure Gauges
1. Check reading and verify gauge