1 January 2001
Table 2-14. Water Supply Tanks ITM Tasks (Continued)
1. Tanks (with cathodic
1. Conduct internal tank inspection to
determine condition and amount of
2. Pressure Gauges
1. Calibrate gauges.
3. Check Valves
1. Inspect interior of valves.
4. Level Indicator Test
1. Calibrate level indicator.
Dry Chemical Systems. Detection devices for actuation are addressed in
paragraph 2-2.2. Technical guidance on these tasks is contained in NFPA 17.
Table 2-15. Dry Chemical Systems ITM Tasks
1. Inspect piping for obstructions
and proper support.
2. Storage Vessels
1. Inspect agent container for
2. Verify storage pressure of
1. Verify quantity and quality of
1. Inspect manual actuators for
2. Inspect detection devices (fusible
3. Test actuation system without
shutoff) operate properly.
1. Replace detection devices
1. Storage Vessels
1. Conduct hydrostatic test for
pressure cylinders in accordance
with OSHA and DOT standards.