12 May 2003
Including change 1, 19 January 2007
1. Station location is shown in feet from point of stem.
P Port-side station location
S Starboard side station location
P/S Two station locations, one port and one starboard, at an equal distance from the bow, of which only
one may be used at a time to receive power; one half of the total number stations given are on port side,
one half are on
C Centerline station location
ST Stern station location; if power is delivered to the stern station, the port and starboard stations
would normally not be used for receiving power
2. Station height is shown in feet above design waterline.
3. Capacity is given in amperes. Unless otherwise indicated, power to load center is 450 V, three-phase,
three-wire, 60 Hz, ungrounded. Power factor is approximately 0.8. The number of receptacles per station
may be obtained by dividing per station capacity by 400.
4. Required ampacity of shore power service is the maximum power that the ship will demand from the
shore power system. The shore power service transformer shall be sized to provide the "Required
ampacity of shore power service" for the ship moored at the respective berth. Note that the shore power
service transformer is not necessarily sized to provide the ampacity equivalent to the product of the
required number of shore power circuits and the rating (400A) of the shore power circuits.
5. CVN-65: The two portside stations shown are used only when the ship is in drydock.