Part 5. GROUND SUPPORT EQUIPMENT HOLDING SHED
1. FUNCTION. The ground support equipment (GSE) holding shed provides shelter
and storage space for ground support equipment awaiting repair or issue.
2. LOCATION. The ground support equipment holding shed shall be adjacent to
or in close proximity to the ground support equipment shops.
3. SPACE REQUIREMENTS. The space allowances for GSE holding sheds are
provided in NAVFAC P-80, under Category Code 218-61.
4. ARCHITECTURAL AND STRUCTURAL REQUIREMENTS. The ground support equipment
holding shed shall be a one-story protected preformed (corrugated) metal or
concrete masonry unit structure with a minimum clearance of 10 feet. The floor
shall be designed for live loads of 20,000 pounds. Paving shall be provided
for equipment and vehicular access to the GSE shops. General construction and
finishes shall be as specified in NAVFAC DM-l and NAVFAC DM-2 Series. The
entire GSE shop and shed area shall be protected against unauthorized entry by
a lighted chain-link security fence in accordance with NAVFAC DM-5.12,
Fencing, Gates, and Guard Towers.
5. ELECTRICAL REQUIREMENTS. Electrical systems shall be provided in accord-
ance with NAVFAC DM-4.1, DM-4.2, DM-4.3, DM-4.4, and DM-4.6.