c) Clean and repair as necessary all storm sewers,
drainage ditches, and other drainage structures to prevent
flooding and storm damage to roads, runways, tracks, and
a) Tighten connections at gates, posts, braces,
guys, and anchorages to ensure stability and correct
b) Clean and lubricate all hinges, latches, locking
devices, and all other alignment hardware.
c) Confine painting to those parts of fences and
gates that show signs of corrosion.
a) Unpaved shoulders
(1) Provide unpaved shoulders with only the
repairs necessary to ensure positive drainage of surface water
from the adjoining pavement.
(2) Fill holes and ruts and blade ridges to
eliminate standing water.
(3) Backfill depressions when the undermining of
pavement is threatened.
When possible, retain existing ground cover.
b) Concrete pavements
(1) Repair concrete pavements only as required to
perform service activities and to prevent severe
(2) Patch bituminous surfaces of depressed or
broken slabs to prevent ponding of water and the resultant
saturation of the subgrade.
(3) Seal joints and cracks in concrete pavement
with bituminous material.