1 January 2001
Water Mist Systems. Detection devices for actuation are addressed in
paragraph 2-2.2. Technical guidance on the tasks is contained in NFPA 750.
Table 2-7. Water Mist Systems ITM Tasks
1. Water Tanks
1. Check water level.
2. Air Compressor/
1. Check air pressure.
1. Churn test to ensure operability.
1. Start to ensure operability.
1. Inspect to verify valve alignment
3. System Operating
and valve is free of damage.
1. Water Tanks (supervised
1. Check water level and supervisory
1. Check air pressure and
supervisory pressure switch.
1. Operate to verify initiation and
3. Water Flow Alarm
receipt of alarm.
1. Conduct full flow functional test.
5. Pressure Relief Devices 1. Manually operate to ensure
6. Manual Actuators
1. Verify operability.
7. Control Valve (sectional 1. Verify operability and position.
water supply valve)
1. Pressure cylinders
1. Pressurize to verify operability.
(normally at atmos-
1. Conduct flow test.
1. Verify water quality when refilling.
1. Inspect tanks for structural integrity
4. Water Tanks
prior to refilling.
1. Test sample heads to verify
5. Nozzle Sampling