1 September 1997
(4) Construction support site. Establishing a
b. Dredging. Pay for unit price contracts may be
work yard at or near the project site may be necessary
based on volume, area, time, scow or bin measure, or
and is a part of mobilization cost.
lump sum as described in ER 1130-2-307. To
determine the unit cost of dredging, divide the gross
(5) Demobilize plant. This item includes
production cost by the number of pay units.
preparing the dredge and attendant plant for transfer.
(1) Pipeline dredge gross production costs
(6) Demobilization transfer costs. This item
consist of costs associated with dredging time and are
is similar to mobilization transfer costs. Mobilization
not separated by elements of work.
and demobilization distances may not necessarily be
the same. Reasons for using different distances must
(2) Hopper dredge and mechanical dredge
gross production costs consist of costs associated with
excavation time, transportation time, and disposal
(7) Prepare plant for lay-up. This item
includes all costs to secure machinery and equipment
(3) Specialty dredging gross production costs
will be determined on a case-by-case basis.
(8) Indirect costs. Indirect costs must be
c. Total Dredging Costs. Total dredging cost
item. They should be the same as those used for the
dredging pay item.
dredging cost as previously discussed.