15 May 1998
(6) A listing of all applicable fire and life safety codes.
(7) A description of structural, mechanical, electrical, fire protection and information
systems, as well as preliminary heating, cooling and electrical load calculations, if applicable.
(8) A description of off-site utilities requirements, including central energy plants, if
(9) A description of unique design features, such as special foundations, security and
protective design, asbestos or lead base paint abatement, as well as the demolition and removal of
existing facilities, if required.
(10) A description of interior design requirements, and the procurement of furniture and
furnishings, if applicable.
(11) A description of government furnished and installed equipment, such as food service
equipment, that will be procured by the installation or using agency, if applicable.
(12) A general summary statement indicating environmental issues and identifying required
waivers and permits.
(13) Special studies and analyses will be kept to a minimum during the Code 3 phase.
When applicable, Code 3 studies should include the energy and water conservation analyses, the
energy budget compliance check, and other studies that will normally impact on construction
costs. Each project must be analyzed to determine which studies may be delayed until the Code 6
d. Parametric Cost Estimates.
(1) Format. The parametric estimates and the ENG Form 3086 will be prepared in
accordance with latest Tri-Service work breakdown structure (WBS) for military construction
cost estimates as described in the references g.(1) and g.(2) respectively, and submitted in 215
mm x 280 mm (8 " x 11") letter size format.
(2) Parameters. Enclosure 5 is a listing of typical parametric estimating parameters.
(3) Cost Estimate WBS. Enclosure 6 provides a sample WBS of parametric cost estimate.
(4) ENG Form 3086. Enclosure 7 provides a sample ENG Form 3086.