6 December 2006
Including change 1, 7 December 2006
Note: The most recent edition of referenced publications applies, unless otherwise
Air Force Publications
AFI 32-1064, Electrical Safe Practices.
AFI 91-302, Air Force Occupational and Environmental Safety, Fire Prevention, and
Health (AFOSH) Standards.
AFOSH Standard 91-10, Civil Engineering.
AFOSH Standard 91-66, General Industrial Operations.
AFOSH Standard 91-501, Air Force Consolidated Occupational Safety Standard.
OPNAV P-45-117-6-98, Electrical Worker Field Safety Guide.
OPNAVINST 5100.23 Series, Navy Occupational Safety and Health (NAVOSH) Manual.
UFC 4-150-02, Design: Dockside Utilities for Ship Service.
SPAWARINST 5100.9D, Navy Shore Electronics Safety Precautions.
The following link provides access to various Navy-related documents as well as
numerous SOPs related to electrical work:
U.S Army Corps of Engineers Publications
Engineer Memorandum 385-1-1, Safety and Health Requirements Manual.
Addresses for standards:
1. American National Standards Institute, 11 West 42nd Street, 13th Floor, New York, NY 10036
2. ASTM International, 100 Barr Harbor Drive, PO Box C700, West Conshohocken, Pennsylvania,
3. BICSI, 8610 Hidden River Parkway, Tampa, FL 33637-1000
4. Cordage Institute, 994 Old Eagle School Road, Suite 1019, Wayne, PA 19087
5. Illuminating Engineering Society of North America, 345 East 47th Street, New York, NY 10017
6. Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers, 345 East 47th Street, New York, NY 10017
7. Insulated Cable Engineers Association, Box P, South Yarmouth, MA 02664
8. National Fire Protection Association, One Batterymarch Park, P.O. Box 9101, Quincy, MA 02269
9. Underwriter's Laboratories, Inc., 333 Pfingston Road, Northbrook, IL 60062