6 December 2006
Including change 1, 7 December 2006
Table 3-9. Jobs Acceptable For One Electrical Worker
1. Work on deenergized systems with nominal system voltages of 600 volts ac or
250 volts dc, or less.
2. Routine electrical measurements on energized systems with nominal system
voltages of 600 volts ac or 250 volts dc, or less.
3. Routine operation of metal-enclosed switchgear with nominal system voltages of
600 volts ac or 250 volts dc, or less.
4. Routine operation of metal-enclosed switchgear and pad mounted switches with
nominal systems voltages greater than 600 volts ac if the activity responsible can
demonstrate that conditions at the site allow this work to be performed safely.
5. Routine electrical measurements or switching using gloves and live-line tools if the
worker is positioned out of reach or possible contact with energized parts.
6. Emergency repair work to safeguard the general public, if previously authorized.
VERIFYING SYSTEM AND EQUIPMENT PROVISIONS. Be familiar with the
electrical system to be worked on by reviewing the system's single line diagram. Check
out the equipment needed such as insulating tools, hot sticks, and grounding cables.