4) Air outlet temperature.
5) Air inlet flow.
6) Air outlet flow.
7) Flue gas inlet flow
8) Flue gas outlet flow.
9) Flue gas side inlet and outlet static pressure.
10) Flue gas side inlet and outlet velocity pressure.
11) Air side inlet and outlet static pressure.
12) Air side inlet and outlet velocity pressure.
13) Inlet flue gas analysis (CO2, CO, O2).
14) Outlet flue gas analysis (CO2, CO, O2).
15) Fuel flow (measured or calculated by steam generator output and
b) In addition to these measured parameters, a fuel ultimate analysis
As a result of calculations based on PTC 41 methods, the following
performance parameters can be quantified.
1) Flue gas side efficiency.
2) Air leakage.
3) Heat capacity ratio (X-Ratio).
4) No leakage exit flue gas temperature.
5) Flue gas side pressure drop.
6) Air side pressure drop.
188.8.131.52 Dust Collectors. Mechanical dust collectors shall be tested in accordance
with ASME Performance Test Code, PTC 21 Dust Separating Apparatus except Environmental
Protection Agency Method 5 (40 CFR Part 60 Appendix A, Reference Methods), sampling
(isokinetic sampler with heated filter) should be used. Measurements taken include
particulate concentration and mass flow rate at both the inlet and outlet of the dust
collector. Flue gas flow rate, composition, and temperature are also measured.
Measurements at the inlet and outlet allow determination of dust collector overall
efficiency. For other testing requirements see MIL-HDBK-1003/6.