1 January 2001
Table 2-13. Fire Pumps ITM Tasks (Continued)
1. Inspect electric connections.
2. Operate manual and automatic
1. Verify proper charge.
1. Start and churn to verify operability.
(Where equipment permits, allow water
to flow back to the source.)
2. Verify operation of relief valves.
3. Verify full level (for engine-driven
4. Inspect exhaust system for leaks (for
5. For engine driven pumps, start again
using second battery set and churn to
verify operability. (Where equipment
permits, allow water to flow back to the
1. Control Valve
1. Operate and lubricate valves to ensure
2. Exercise circuit breakers and switches
to verify operability.
3. Inspect fuses.
2. Check pump shaft end play.
5. Lubricate right-angle drives.
4. Fuel (Engine-Driven Pumps)
1. Sample fuel to verify quality.
5. Relief Valves
1. Calibrate valves.
6. Emergency Power Supply
1. Test to verify availability and capacity for
1. Conduct flow test to verify pump output.