1 January 2001
Table 2-15. Dry Chemical Systems ITM Tasks (Continued)
As Part of
1. Visually check:
a. Pipe hangers.
b. Heads for obstruction.
c. Riser condition.
b. Panels secured and indicator
c. Notification appliances in place.
d. Manual stations in place and
e. Nozzle covers in place.
Wet Chemical Systems. Detection devices for actuation are addressed in
paragraph 2-2.2. Technical guidance on the tasks is contained in NFPA 17A.
Table 2-16. Wet Chemical Systems ITM Tasks
1. Inspect piping for obstructions
and proper support.
1. Inspect agent container for
2. Storage Vessels
2. Verify storage pressure of
1. Verify quantity and quality of
1. Inspect manual actuators for
2. Inspect detection devices (fusible
replace as necessary.
3. Test actuation system without
shutoff) operate properly.